Boxes of Hope are packages we put together to give to people in crisis. These boxes are designed to give some respite to individuals and families as they struggle to recover after Hurricane Ida. You may pick up a box whenever you’d like at The Vineyard Church. Below is a list of all the items we need to sufficiently fill these boxes. In order to most efficiently and effectively fill these boxes, please heed the following instructions:
- Place all liquid items in gallon sized, freezer zip lock bags.
- Don’t over pack boxes so they do not bulge.
- Evenly distribute the heavy items. Preferably in the corners and in the center.
- Do not pack any aerosol cans of any kind.
- Generic brands are fine. It is better to fill more boxes than to buy expensive products in this context.
- You should be able to fill a box for less than $50.00
- Be sure to mark the box indicating the type of contents inside.
- Do not pack perishable foods
- Always tape the top and bottom of the box to prevent inadvertent opening or tearing.